|How to take an appointment
Given the large number of patients visiting the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences (SSSIHMS) Prasanthigram, it is advised that patients seeking to visit the hospital for treatment take an appointment beforehand.
What is an appointment?
Appointment is a specific date given by the SSSIHMS, Prasanthigram to the patients seeking to visit the hospital for treatment.
Why take an appointment?
Any new patient visiting the hospital is required to register himself/herself at the Screening and Registration Block (Refer to information for first time patients) in the campus. Depending on the people seeking to visit a specific department, the patients are asked to wait in the lines for specific departments for registration. Patients with an appointment are given preference in the process of registration.
For our part, taking an appointment eases the procedure followed for treatment, as the consultants of specific departments would have familiarised themselves with the details of the case. This helps in better diagnosis and treatment.
How to take an appointment?
The patients can contact SSSIHMS through e-mail or ordinary post to take an appointment.
The covering letter must have:
- Name, address and phone number of the patient (Important)
- The ailment. How long he/she has been suffering from the same.
- The preferred time during the year, when the patient wants to visit the hospital. (Please note, this is just to know a time convenient for you. The final decision, however, will be made by the specific department only.)
- Photocopies of previous medical records (if any) attached to the covering letter (Important)
- Please DO NOT send request (e-mail or post)for appointment for the same ailment to more than one hospital of Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust. This will result in unnecessary confusion during the processing of your request and delay the reply from our side.
- Please DO NOT send the appointment request both by e-mail and post.
- Patients seeking appointment through e-mail are requested to send their request to SSSIHMS, Prasanthigram's patient related e-mail only - email@example.com. Sending the request to more than one e-mail id will make processing of your request difficult and delay our response.
- Appointments for two different departments cannot be given on the same day.
- If a patient seeks appointment for more than one department, then he/she must send separate mails for each of the departments.
By calling up the hospital, the patient will have a fair idea how to go about taking an appointment, and how soon he/she might get an appointment. He/She, however, will have to send the covering letter and the photocopies of the medical records (if any), through e-mail or post.
Taking appointment through e-mail
For taking appointment through email, the patients have to mail a covering letter along with scanned medical records to the following email id.
Patients sending their covering letter and photocopies of their medical records ( if any) will have to send them to:
Patient Correspondence Cell (
Room 132 )
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, Prasanthigram,
Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh,
Patients who do not have any previous medical records, may only send the covering letter with a description of their symptoms.
It is again mentioned that SSSIHMS, Prasanthigram has the specialties of Cardiology, Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Urology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Plastic Surgery and Gastroenterology (endoscopy) only. With respect to Gastroenterology (endoscopy) patients should first visit Sri Sathya Sai General Hospital, Puttaparthi and once referred by the doctors of SSSGH, they should visit the Gastroenterology (endoscopy) department at SSSIHMS.
Once your request for appointment reaches us, we will get back to you by your e-mail or postal address.
All the instructions will be written clearly in the appointment letter mailed to you. Please follow the given instructions.
After your receive the letter, if you have any queries please contact:
|Patient Correspondence Cell
Please dial the phone number given above and also the extension number shown above or you can wait for operator assistance. Please call between 8.00 am and 5.00 pm.
For The Attention of the Patients from West Bengal, India
In order for us to provide better care and guidance to the West Bengal patients, it is requested that patients wishing to visit the hosptial from West Bengal for treatment take an appointment with the hospital and then get a referral letter from the Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organization, West Bengal before visiting the hospital for treatment. The procedure is as below:
All the patients from West Bengal wishing to avail treatment at SSSIHMS, Prasanthigram, need to take an appointment with the hospital either by post or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) by sending the scanned copies of their medical reports and the scanned copy (or photocopy) of Govt. issued Photo ID card, like the Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter ID card etc. or any Govt Id card, which has photo and address of the patient.
With the appointment letter from the hospital the patients are required to visit the respective district president's office of Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation for an referral letter. E- mail Id: email@example.com (for information about referral letter and guidance)
- The patients should then visit the hospital on the date of appointment with the original copy of hospital appointment letter and District president's referral letter. All previous medical reports, valid Govt. Photo Id card (as sent in the request for appointment)also needs to be produced.
- Please include the following information while writing for an appointment
- Name of patient
- Date of Birth
- Current medical problem
- Other diagnosed medical problems
- Hospital's Postal address. (Please send us the photocopies only. Do not send Originals.)
Patient Correspondence Cell
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences,
Prasanthigram, Anantapur District
Andhra Pradesh- 515134
- If you are sending the information by post then furnish your complete address, e-mail id if available and mobile number where we can communicate with you if required.
Important instruction for foreign patients
- All foreign patients visiting the hospital for treatment must carry a valid Medical Visa