|Information for first visit patients
There are two types of patients visiting the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences (SSSIHMS), Prasanthigram. Firstly, patients who are visiting the hospital for the first time. Secondly, patients who have already visited the hospital and are on a visit to the hospital on specific instructions by the doctors at SSSIHMS, with an earlier registration number issued by the department for the same disease, such patients are called re-visit patients.
This section is devoted to provide information to patients who are visiting the hospital for the first time or first time with respect to the specific department they are visiting.
The patients visiting the hospital for treatment for the first time could be broadly categorised into patients with an appointment and patients without an appointment.
It is advisable that patients visit the hospital after taking a prior appointment.
Entering through the Patient Gate
The patient gate lies on the East end of the hospital campus. After entering through the patient’s gate, you enter the campus of SSSIHMS, Prasanthigram. Soon after your entry, Sevadal, in blue scarfs, would give you a token for the respective department you have come to visit for treatment. The token number denotes your position in the queue.
You may then proceed to the Screening and Registration Block. Only one attendant will be allowed to enter the campus with a patient.
Screening and Registration Block
At the Screening and Registration Block (SRB), the patients will be directed to the appropriate queues, for Cardiology/CTVS, Urology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics and Plastic Surgery. Gastroenterology patients if any, they shold first visit only the Sri Sathya Sai General Hospital, Puttaparthi and on their referral to the Gastroenterology department in SSSIHMS they could go to Room No. 124.
In the SRB doctors concerned will evaluate your condition and advise you accordingly. Once advised by the doctors in the SRB to approach the OPD, you will be registered and given a registration card with a specific number after which you may then proceed to the respective OPD in the main hospital.
Also if a person who has visited a specific department of the hospital earlier, wants to visit another department, then he will be treated as a new patient for the new department. In such a case, the patient has to produce his old registration card when he is being registered for the new department.
Patients are required to bring along a first degree relative (related by blood) as an attendant to the hospital for the fulfilment of procedural requirements.
Patients seeking to visit the hospital for the treatment of cardiac ailments are requested to go through the cardiology department webpage for more detailed instructions.
Patients seeking to visit the hospital for the treatment of Gastro-Intestinal ailments may please refer to Gastro-Intestinal Department webpage for detailed instructions.
FOR THE ATTENTION OF PATIENTS FROM WEST BENGAL, INDIA
In order to help avoid West Bengal patients from falling prey to touts and to provide better guidance, it is requested that patients wishing to visit the hosptial for treatment take an appointment with the hospital and then get a referral letter from the Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organization, West Bengal, before visiting the hospital for treatment. The procedure is as below:
All the patients from West Bengal wishing to avail treatment at SSSIHMS, Prasanthigram, need to take an appointment with the hospital either by post or e-mail (email@example.com) by sending the scanned copies of their medical reports and the scanned copy (or photocopy) of Govt. issued Photo ID card, like the Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter ID card etc. or any Govt Id card, which has photo and address of the patient. Receiving an appointment will be a confirmation that the treatment sought by the patient is available at the hospital.
With the appointment letter from the hospital the patients should visit the respective district president's office of Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation for a referral letter. E- mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org (for information about referral letter and guidance). Interaction with the District President's office helps clarify doubts that the patients may have about the visit to the hospital and also open up a direct line of communication with the Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation for the patient, so that the patient or attendant can contact the organisation any time later also, if needed. This helps if some touts try to influence the patient or attendant while they are on their way to the hospital.
- The patients should then visit the hospital on the date of appointment with the hospital appointment letter and the referral letter. The patients should carry all their previous medical reports, and a valid Govt. Photo Id card.
- Patients carrying the appointment and referral letter should directly go to the registration counter for registration skipping the entire screening process. Therefore, they need not stand in the queue for tokens or for screening.
- Patients with bone and joint diseases need not get a referral letter from the District president of the Sai Organisation.
Please include the following information while writing for an appointment
- Name of patient
- Date of Birth
- Current medical problem
- Other diagnosed medical problems
- Hospital's Postal address. (Please send us the photocopies only. Do not send Originals.)
Patient Correspondence Cell
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences,
Prasanthigram, Anantapur District
Andhra Pradesh- 515134
- If you are sending the information by post then furnish your complete address, e-mail id if available and mobile number where we can communicate with you if required.
- Please bring all your previous medical records
- Please bring a valid proof of address. Any one of the following proofs are accepted.
- Ration card
- Voters id
- Driver’s licence
- Passport with valid Medical Visa- this is compulsory for all foreign nationals.
- One attendant along with the patient is mandatory to enter the campus.
- The patient will be screened first by doctors before being registered.
Important instruction for foreign patients:
- All foreign patients visiting the hospital for treatment must carry a valid Medical Visa.
The patient’s canteen is adjacent to the SRB. This is for use by both the patients and their attendants.
|| 6:30 am
|| 9:00 am
Canteen coupons are available at the entrance of the canteen. In-patient attendants are encouraged to purchase coupons in bulk to avoid crowding the coupon counter during the peak hours.
Close to the canteen is a coffee counter, which remains open from morning 7:30 am till 6 pm. Milk, coffee and light refreshments are available at the counter.
The cloak room lies to the right on the path leading to the SRB from the patient’s gate. Patients and their attendants can keep their luggage in the cloak room.
It is advised that patients and their attendants do not keep any valuables in the cloak room.
The Administration is not responsible for any loss from the cloak room.
Public Phone Booth
There is a public phone facility at the main entrance gate of the hospital. It is manned from 5.00 am 11.00 am and 5:00 pm to 11.00 pm daily except on public holidays. Local as well as STD calls could be made from here..
For every in-patient one attendant will be given the attendant pass by the respective ward sister.
Only under instructions from a doctor is an additional attendant pass can be issued.
Based on the treatment the patients receive, certificates for railway concession, as authorised by the Ministry of Railways, India, are issued at the hospital.
Details regarding the railway concession can be obtained from Sister-in-charge of the specific ward.
These certificates have to be produced at the booking counter during the booking of the railway tickets to get the concession.
- Cigarettes, Beedi.
- Match Box, Cigarette lighters.
- Tobacco, Pan parag, Gutka.
- Knife, Scissors.
- Inflammable materials.
- Edible items are not permitted inside the hospital campus.
- Canteen is the only designated areas for the consumption of eatables.
- Any of the above items, if found with patients, would be confiscated.
- Water and baby feeds are the only items permitted inside the hospital campus.
- All services provided to patients of SSSIHMS, Prasanthigram are totally free of charge. The hospital does not have a billing counter.
- The hospital strictly confirms to a first come first serve policy with provisions for emergency medical conditions.
- Patients and patient attendants are advised not to pay anyone who claims to be a staff member of SSSIHMS, Prasanthigram for any service whatsoever. Immediately bring details of such individuals to the notice of the Hospital Security.