Facilities of Nephrology were initially extended to the patients, but later this facility was discontinued.
Facilities and Services
All major surgeries of the kidney, bladder, ureter, prostate, urethra are performed at the department. Further, endoscopic surgeries like TUR, ‘P’/URSL/, PCNL/ CYTOSCOPY/VIU are routinely performed for prostate, stones and strictures. Moreover, open surgeries for stone, cancer of the kidney, bladder, prostate and stricture of urethra are also undertaken by the department.
A range of major surgeries performed by the Department of Urology include:
- Open renal surgeries
- Open ureteric surgeries
- Open bladder surgeries
- Open prostate surgeries
- Open genitalia surgeries (Male)
- Paediatric urology-valve surgery
- Internal urethrotomy
- TUR prostate
- TUR bladder tumour
- Reconstructive urology
- Paediatric urology – Hypospadias
- Paediatric urology – Pyeloplasty
- Paediatric urology – Mega Ureter
- Female urology
- There are three operation theatres, a urology ward, an Intensive Care Unit (ICU), OPD supplemented with
urodynamic and Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripter (ESWL) machine. The Urology ward has 72 beds.
- A “Donier HM III” ESWL is used to treat stones in kidneys and ureters without surgery (non-invasive) by pulverising the stones into tiny fragments by application of shock waves. It is a state-of-the-art machine, capable of accurate localisation of the stone using fluoroscopy as well as ultra sound.
- This double facility results in higher success rate. The actual treatment takes an hour or two only and the patient is discharged within a day. It is a boon to the poor who are daily wage workers as the loss of man-hours is reduced.
Instructions to patients
- All age group patients with urological problems are treated at the hospital.
- Patients are requested to bring along their medical records and X-rays etc. This will facilitate easier diagnosis of the ailment.
Dr.Satish Kumar. P, HoD, Department of Urology.
Dr. Venkatesh Krishnamurthy: Consultant Urologist, NU hospitals, Bangalore
Prof. Ganesh Gopal Kishna : H.O.D, Department of Urology, CMC, Vellore.
Prof. Sanjay Bhat : H.O.D, Department of Urology, AIMS, Kochi.
Prof. Shasidharan : H.OD, Department of Urology, KIMS, Thiruvananthapuram.
Prof. Shiva Shankar : H.O.D, Department of Urology, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore.
Prof. Kesava Murthy : Associate Professor, NU Hospital, Bangalore.
Prof. D. Ramesh : Professor of Urology, Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore.
For any queries or an appointment please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the scanned copies of the latest medical reports.
You can also write to:
Patient Correspondence Cell
Room No. 132
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, Prasanthigram,
Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh- 515134
Or call 08555-287388 ext 1410.